Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Rochester Annual Delegates Awards Dinner

November 30 - Our chapter of Pride at Work was well represented at the annual delegates award dinner Tuesday night. Linda Donahue received the Flo Tripi Lifetime Achievement Award and Ove Overmyer received the Louise Slaughter Working Families Advocate Award. Bess Watts also received honorable mention. Here are some comments posted on social media from both Linda & Ove:

Linda: "I was honored to receive the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Rochester Labor Council last night, and special recognition from the United Way/Labor Council Community Services. For years I've walked alongside many of our community's fantastic leaders -- people who have chosen the difficult path of representing workers in an often hostile environment. My sincere thanks to the Labor movement for all you do, and for the friendship and support that enriched my career and my life."

Ove: "A STELLAR OCCASION -- Tonight Teddy and I spent another wonderful evening enjoying the company of our CSEA colleagues, Rochester Labor Council family, elected officials and true allies at our annual awards dinner in downtown Rochester.

I was very humbled and honored to receive the Rochester Labor Council's Louise Slaughter Working Families Advocate of the Year Award for 2021.

As most of you know, Louise and I were good friends and this award means a great deal to me and my family. It was an awesome night to cap off a terrific career advocating on behalf of working people. And we also honored my good buddy Linda Donahue with a Lifetime Achievement Award! How cool is that? So happy."

Congratulations, we're proud of you, Linda & Ove.  Best wishes on your retirements!!!


Kendall Bell, Anne Tischer, Dawn Lepard, Linda Donahue,
Ove Overmyer, Tom Privitere, Angel Pride & Bess Watts

No comments: